So much for new year’s resolutions. Thing-A-Week 2022 was like, one thing. I made a ton of stuff and just never wrote about it, because I am bad at doing things and also those video games aren’t going to play themselves… So, like, no more resolutions. But a series of posts incoming. Over the last couple of months I took up the challenge of a full-on Mandalorian costume for Halloween. At the start of the project I was pretty comfortable with printing and electronics, but painting/finishing skills were kind of sketchy, I hadn’t sewn anything since Mrs. K’s Home Economics class in 1991, and I don’t think I’d ever done any leatherwork (Boy Scouts notwithstanding). So, lots to learn, and a bunch of failures along the way, but the final product is something of which I am pretty proud.
A variety of sources went into this project, and I’ll link to some of the guidance at each step, but there were a number of things that I just sort of made up as I went along. Obviously, I am not an expert at any of this, and I’m sure there was a better way to do most of it.